23 thoughts on “Retirement Online Tools and Tips

1. Ronald Fletcher

Reading above, I am not recognized also. Just goes along with most things in NY, suppose to be easy and turns out to more red tape.

1. NYSLRS

We apologize for the trouble you are having with Retirement Online.

For help with Retirement Online, please call our customer service representatives at 1-866-805-0990 (or 518-474-7736 in the Albany, NY area), press 2, then follow the prompts. The Call Center is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm.

2. Carmina Miller

I can’t seem to log in or to register. The message keeps coming up that the system can’t find me.

1. NYSLRS Post author

We apologize for the trouble you are having. For help with Retirement Online, please call our customer service representatives at 1-866-805-0990 (or 518-474-7736 in the Albany, NY area), press 2, then follow the prompts.

3. Diane Terpening

I cant register online-Cant get thru to a rep-How does someone register then.This is frustrating and the only answer you give us is to call? Well we tried and that doesnt work….

1. NYSLRS

We’re sorry you could not reach us. Your message is important to us and we have sent you an email in response.

4. Nicole Amendolia

I have tried to register and the system says it doesn’t recognize me. I have been in the system for 20 years. This is frustrating.

1. NYSLRS Post author

We apologize for the trouble you had trying to register.

For help with Retirement Online, please contact the NYSLRS Call Center at 1-866-805-0990 (or 518-474-7736 in the Albany, New York area). Press 2 and follow the prompts. The Call Center is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm.

5. Linda sylvain

I have not been able to register or log on. I need to know the date I begin receiving my benefits. I know I’m doing the registering process correctly. The system just keeps rejecting my info. Please advise.

1. NYSLRS Post author

We’re sorry to hear you’re having trouble registering for Retirement Online. For help, please call our customer service representatives at 866-805-0990.

6. Karen L Colaiacovo

I have tried to login and without success tried to re-register. The system is telling me that it is unable to identify me. Please advise.

1. NYSLRS Post author

The best way to get help with Retirement Online is to call our customer service representatives at 866-805-0990. Press 2 for members and then follow the prompts for Retirement Online help.

7. Bruce Robertson

I agree with the posts above. This system is MORE than ridiculous . . . it’s abusive and dysfunctional . . . kind of like the whole NYS government, wouldn’t you say? And, I am a registered Democrat saying this.

I, too, get sent in a continuous loop when trying to set up an online account. Get nowhere. But, wait, there’s more: the Website tells me it can’t verify my identity, and that I should contact the agency by phone. OK . . . here’s where it gets good:

I call the freakin’ number three to five times a day, randomly, and get a recorded message telling me “we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes; please hang up and try again the next business day.”

Every day. All day.

Bottom line: there is NO WAY to contact this bureaucratic agency. Can’t y’all just picture the state workers in their little “cubbies” texting, looking at online shopping sites, ordering lunch, going outside to smoke . . . doing ANYTHING but actually working.

I guess the only way to get into the system is to go to 110 State Street in Albany . . . and jockey for a parking space in downtown . . . for which you have to pay (one meter charged me recently$8.50 to park for a half hour. I swear!)

I am thinking we all need to call Dinapoli’s office directly and file a complaint.

1. NYSLRS Post author

1. NYSLRS Post author

We apologize for the trouble you are having. You do not need a “passcode” to speak with one of our customer service representatives.

To speak with a representative, please call 1-866-805-0990 (or 518-474-7736 in the Albany, NY area), press 2, then follow the prompts. If you are having a problem with Retirement Online, they can help you.

8. JO A FENSKE

This system is ridiculous. Trying to register and it just sends me in a continuous loop. Can’t seem to get to the actual page so I go to the “having trouble , read this section” and it sends me to a broken link. Come on New York

1. NYSLRS Post author

We apologize for the trouble you are having with Retirement Online. Your message is important to us and we have sent you an email in response.

9. Jill M. Eldridge

I have tried to register for the retirement on-line and when I put in my name, zip code, DOB and e-mail address it says it does not recognize me. I tried my maiden name and zip code, still nothing. I’ve tried different e-mail addresses and nothing. I even tried “forgot user ID” because I thought maybe a long time ago I had set this up but it still said it doesn’t recognize me. I have 30 years in the system so this is concerning as to why it doesn’t recognize me. Please contact me to rectify.

1. NYSLRS Post author

2. Mary Rumsey

1. NYSLRS

We’re sorry for the trouble you are having with Retirement Online. Your message is important to us and we have sent you an email in response.

2. NYSLRS Post author

We’ve been informed that a NYSLRS customer service representative contacted you. We’re glad they were able to help.